Lynda and Andrew Buckingham offer you a sincere and warm welcome to Wintara, Botallack, Cornwall.
Wintara is situated in the famous village of Botallack, surrounded by spectacular rugged landscape being situated on the far west tip of Cornwall at ‘Cape Cornwall’ and within an area of Outstanding natural beauty. Wintara is a warm and welcoming, light and spacious home, newly renovated in 2015 and now offering a superior standard of presentation and care.
Only a few minutes walk to the Cornish Coastal path and the famous stunning cliff edged ‘Crown Mines’. This World Heritage and National Trust historical site offers a fascinating glimpse of Cornish mining over a century ago. On a more current level, Poldark has just finished filming at Poldark’s mine ‘Wheal Owles’ which is situated behind Wintara!
Easy access to the rest of West Cornwall and a list of wonderful places to enjoy within a 10 mile radius, such as
family beach days out at Sennen Cove, Porthcurno and the smaller dotted about coves
Surfing at Sennen, Porthmeor and Godrevy Beaches,
The Minack Theatre, St. Michael’s Mount,
The art at St. Ives,
Newlyn and Mousehole fishing villages,
The eclectic mix of Penzance
The small working studios and art galleries found tucked away in the villages.
Local wonderful pub and restaurant food.
Makes this a holiday to suit all tastes and we are here to help!
At A Glance
- 3 very comfortable B&B rooms – South,West and Garden Room – all with King size bed and en suite shower room. All rooms have wonderful garden views and sea glimpses.
- Quality sofas in South and West rooms offering comfortable relaxing seating area.
- Tea and coffee making facilities offering Cornish and herbal teas, coffees, hot chocolate, Horlicks and bottled water in all rooms. Complimentary fresh flowers, Cornish biscuits or cake, shower gels and shampoo, soft towels.
- Rooms also have Wi-Fi, new TV with DVD facility and a selection of films. Books of local interest.
- Reflexology Treatments available on request. MAR CNHC
- For customers without transport, we offer a pick-up on arrival and delivery back to Penzance train station (small charge).
- For artists – a generous packed lunch and a daily delivery and pick up to and from local art courses in the area. (small charge) / (photo: Crown Mines – kind permission Tony Armstrong
Things To Do
‘Wintara’, Botallack is ideally placed for the whole of South West Cornwall and the Lizard.
The spectacular scenery of the coastal scape makes this an ideal place to walk and the immediate stretch of this part of the Cornish Coastal Path links up St. Ives round to Penzance. The path is an amazing place to see bird wildlife in abundance – Cornish choughs, peregrine falcons (we get lots of bird watchers here) and sea life – dolphins, basking sharks and seals being usual sightings. Fishing is popular with usually excellent results! Pollock, bass and mackerel often being the catch of the day.
The famous Cape Cornwall and Priest Cove are approximately 35 minutes’ walk along the Coastal Path – a perfect place for swimming; there is a natural cove and a swimming pool built within the rocks; and picnics. For a longer walk, in the other direction at Pendeen lighthouse; Boat and Portheras Cove are great places to spend lazy days enjoying the beautiful ever changing colours of the sea. All are within a walkable distance!
Within this area we have some first class art schools which offer single day to weekly courses covering a range of practices. The art schools have an excellent reputation – helping beginners through to professional artists. If you are coming to Cornwall without transport – we offer a pick up and delivery service from Penzance station on your arrival and departure dates; together with a daily pick up and delivery to a course. We also include a generous packed lunch! (small charge for these services)
Tel: 01736-788151 / 07500 876352